If we’re speaking to you now, it’s likely we have a bit of your data. This will have been collected when you booked a table, signed up to a mailing list, signed up to our app, signed up to our click and collect service or made an enquiry. We kept hold of this to be able to keep in touch with you about any news, events or offers we have going on which we think you might be interested in. These aren’t robotically sent weekly or monthly, but when we have something goddamn good to tell you about!
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 Fat Hippo is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Fat Hippo collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees of Fat Hippo who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
We (Fat Hippo) are collecting data from you to be able to carry out table bookings within our restaurants and also by signing up to the mailing list we continue to share updates of upcoming specials and any events we think you might be interested in. These are not at set times but just when we think you would be interested.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
- Phone number
- Email address
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Table booking confirmation
- Upcoming specials
- Latest news
- Points updates
- Click and Collect Service
- Our App
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Fat Hippo to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by unsubscribing to our mailing lists on any communication from us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fat Hippo will not pass on your personal data to third parties. The only companies that may process or hold your data are Fat Hippo, Lightspeed (our till system), Edward Robertson (our hosting company), Campaign Monitor (our email marketing tool), Deliveroo (our delivery platform), 5 Loyalty (our Application), Toggle (our online webstore) and Awesome Merch (our online apparel store).
3.4 Retention period
Fat Hippo will process personal data for as long as you are subscribed and active (active every year) and will store the personal data for as long as you are active (active within a year).
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Fat Hippo refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Fat Hippo (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Fat Hippo’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
Mick Johnson, Fat Hippo HQ, Unit 18 Quay Level, St Peter’s Basin, NE6 1TZ, email@example.com.
3.7 Privacy statement
We only use your data to send out emails regarding events, specials and table bookings. Points emails will also be automatically emailed to you.
4. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Fat Hippo, will collect and use your personal data for subscriptions. We will use your information to keep you up to date with any events, specials, table bookings and Herd points.
Why does Fat Hippo need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with booking confirmations, latest news and upcoming events we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Fat Hippo would contact you for additional consent.
Will Fat Hippo share my personal data with anyone else?
We will not pass on your information to any third parties. This means that your information will only be made available to Lightspeed (our till system), Edward Robertson (our hosting company), Campaign Monitor (our email marketing tool), Deliveroo (our delivery platform), 5 Loyalty (our Application), Toggle (our online webstore) and Awesome Merch (our online apparel store).
How will Fat Hippo use the personal data it collects about me?
Fat Hippo will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Fat Hippo is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Fat Hippo contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Fat Hippo at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Fat Hippo does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Fat Hippo or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Fat Hippo accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, Driving License and Household utility bill.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Mick Johnson, Fat Hippo HQ, Unit 18 Quay Level, St Peter’s Basin, NE6 1TZ, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Document Owner and Approval
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.
A current version of this document is available to all members of staff on site at all sites and is published at www.fathippo.co.uk.
Signature: M Johnson Date: 30/11/2020